The Washington Financial Charitable Foundation Scholarship Program helps students and their families meet the escalating costs of continuing education. Scholarships in the amount of $5,000 are available to eligible students and adults who will be attending, full-time, an accredited college, university, or trade school. Selection is based on commitment to community service, financial need, and academic standing.
How to Apply
Fill out a scholarship application. Deadline for all applications is May 31.
- The applicant, or a member of his/her immediate family, must be a Washington Financial Bank customer. (Immediate family is defined as parent, child, grandchild, legal guardian or spouse). The customer relationship must be in effect for one full year prior to making application.
- The applicant must be accepted at an accredited post-secondary college, university or trade school and provide a copy of the acceptance letter.
- The applicant must provide an official transcript, including ACT or SAT test scores.
- The applicant should provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) where such has been completed.
- The applicant must provide two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- The applicant must provide written verification of community service performed during the 12-month period prior to making application. Work experience may also be considered as outlined in the application.
- The applicant must complete the standard Washington Financial Charitable Foundation scholarship application and return it with all supporting documentation by the deadline listed within the application.
- Selection is based upon a quantitative scoring system, which considers community service, academic standing, and financial need. A total score of 15 is recommended to be considered.
Email [email protected] or call 724.206.1021.